Voter Registration Officers (Job re-advertisement)
The Electoral Commission of Zambia commenced the implementation of continuous registration of voters (CRV) in ten (10) Districts in June 2022. The Commission is preparing to roll out the CRV in ten additional districts namely; Chongwe, Kabompo, Kitwe, Livingstone, Lundazi, Mbala, Mkushi, Nakonde, Nchelenge and Sesheke.
The Commission therefore seeks to recruit ten (10) suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the positions of Voter Registration Officers on short term contract to be based in the above-mentioned districts. The Voter Registration Officer will report to the Senior Electoral Officer at the Commission.
The Voter Registration Officer is responsible for the registration of new eligible voters, transfer of voters, correction of wrong details on the voter’s card and replacement of lost voter’s cards.
- Conduct voter registration according to registration procedures;
- Provide voter registration statistics reports
- Backup registration data regularly;
- Ensure stocks of materials are maintained and requests for any additional materials are made timely;
- Conduct maintenance and troubleshooting of voter registration kits and software;
- Ensure safety of equipment and materials in their custody;
- Perform software updates;
- Maintain close collaboration with the office of District Electoral Officer;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good report writing, and general written and oral presentation skills.
- Be conversant with the local language of the area
- Diploma in any relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate, GCE or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years proven experience in working with ICT Technologies.
Download the job advert here.