The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian citizen to fill the vacant position of Maintenance Officer.
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Education: Diploma in Plumbing and Electrical or its equivalent
The Maintenance Officer will report to the Senior Administrative Officer.
- Carries out repairs of fixtures and fittings so that they are in good condition.
- Undertakes plumbing and electrical maintenance repair work.
- Carries out planned maintenance programme and undertakes routine inspections of the buildings, fixtures, fittings and premises to assess works or repairs required.
- Supervises repairs and maintenance works on the premises by contractors.
- Carries out fire alarm tests, checks serviceability of fire extinguishers in liaison with service providers and maintains appropriate records.
- Prepares Bills of Quantities (BOQs). Performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request form time to time.
- Good computer skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good writing skills.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent Diploma in Plumbing and Electrical or its equivalent.
- Not less than three (3) years post qualifying relevant experience.
- Must be a registered with the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Must be multi-skilled and be able to handle general maintenance works such as plumbing, electrical, airconditioners, minor carpentry works.
- Must be able to generate the Bills of Quantities (BOQs) Experience with the usage of the Auto card is an added advantage.