District Voter Education Officers
The Commission seeks to recruit ten (10) suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the positions of District Voter Education Officers on short term contract.
Department: Electoral Operations
Education: Diploma in a relevant Social Science field.
The District Voter Education Officer will report to the Principal Voter Education Officer.
- Develop and implement voter education programmes for various target audiences in accordance with approved work plans;
- Consult and coordinate with relevant stakeholders such as government agencies, Faith Based and Civil Society Organisations, schools and ward development committees in the provision of voter education;
- Conduct community mobilization of eligible voters in the district for them to register as voters;
- Coordinate placement of Commission adverts and programmes on various media and monitor the same;
- Ensure marginalised groups have access to voter education materials and information;
- Submit reports of voter education activities and results on a periodic basis; and
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good report writing, and general written and oral presentation skills.
- Must be a Zambian citizen;
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate with a pass in English;
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in a relevant Social Science field;
- Must have at least two (02) years working experience in community or education programmes;
- Demonstrated experience working with community engagement and mobilisation programmes;
- Excellent written skills and ability to write clearly and concisely
- Good computer skills;
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and the local language(s) spoken in the district applied for;
- Understanding of the social, cultural and geographic environment of the district applied for will be an added advantage; and
- Proven experience working in ECZ voter education programmes will be an added advantage.
For more details click: District Voter Education Advert