District Voter Education Officers ( Job re-advertisement )
The Electoral Commission of Zambia commenced the implementation of Continuous Registration of Voters (CRV) in ten (10) districts in June 2022. The Commission is preparing to roll out CRV in ten (10) additional districts namely; Chongwe, Kabompo, Kitwe, Livingstone, Lundazi, Mbala, Mkushi, Nakonde, Nchelenge and Sesheke.
The Commission, therefore, seeks to recruit ten (10) suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the positions of District Voter Education Officers on short term contract to be based in the districts mentioned above. The District Voter Education Officer will report to the Principal Voter Education Officer at the Commission.
The District Voter Education Officer is responsible for conducting Voter Education activities including supporting the development, planning, implementation and assessment of the voter education programmes in the district.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement voter education programmes for various target audiences in accordance with approved work plans;
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders such as government agencies, Faith Based and Civil Society Organisations, Learning Institutions and Ward Development Committees in the provision of voter education;
- Conduct community mobilization of eligible voters in the district for them to register as voters;
- Coordinate placement of Commission adverts and programmes on various media and monitor the same;
- Ensure marginalised groups have access to voter education materials and information;
- Submit reports of voter education activities on a periodic basis; and
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good report writing, and general written and oral presentation skills.
- Conversant with the language and culture of the district applied for
- Must be a Zambian citizen;
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate, GCE or its equivalent;
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in a relevant Social Science field;
- Must have at least two (02) years working experience in community or education programmes;
- Demonstrated experience working with community engagement and mobilisation programmes;
- Excellent written skills and ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Good computer skills;
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and the local language(s) spoken in the district; and
- Understanding of the social, cultural and geographic environment of the district.
Download the job advert here.