Chief Electoral Officer
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the vacant position of CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide oversight leadership and management of the Secretariat of Electoral Commission of Zambia and ensure that the Commission operates in accordance with electoral laws and relevant legislation; and Commission Policies and Strategies.
1) Strategic Management
- Interprets the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the Commission and ensures motivation among members of staff to work towards attainment of the Commission’s vision and goals and meet stakeholder expectations.
- Provides strategic leadership in the development and implementation of the Commission’s strategic plans, policies, electoral standards and procedures, annual work plans, ensuring that they meet the Commission’s performance requirements and commitments to the conduct of credible elections.
- Responsible for assessing progress towards Commission targets in terms of performance and ensures that remedial action is taken to maintain acceptable levels of performance.
- Keeps abreast of developments in election management and adheres to the code of ethics of the profession.
- Provides accurate and informative monthly and annual reports as required by the Commission.
2) Financial Management
- Mobilises financial resources and ensures prudent utilisation of resources in the Commission.
3) Stakeholder Engagement
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships and linkages with stakeholders at both national and international levels and ensures that the Commission derives positive benefits from such engagements.
- Ensures that the Commission is adequately represented at local, regional, and international forums to disseminate information on electoral processes and progress being made towards meeting objectives and commitments of the country to international agreements on the conduct of credible elections and solicit support for addressing major challenges faced by the Commission.
4) Human Resource & Administration
- Ensures that the Commission is managed by adequately qualified, experienced, and motivated staff.
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterised by adherence to policy and administrative guidelines and strong team orientation.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Good strategic planning skills.
- Strong ICT, writing and presentation skills.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science or any other relevant field of study which is accredited or recognised and validated by the Zambia Qualification Authority with training in leadership and management.
- Master of Arts degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science or any other relevant field of study.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in election administration and management.
- Must be a member of a professional body.
- Minimum ten (10) years of senior management level experience.
- Experience in a quasi-government institution will be an added advantage.
- Valid driving licence
- Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Interested candidates should send their applications letters to the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Zambia enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three (03) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers and copies of educational and professional qualifications not later than Friday, 3rd March, 2023.
For more details click: Job Advert – Chief Electoral Officer