Assistant Stores Officer
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill in the position of Assistant Stores Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To perform manual and clerical duties in the receiving and issuing of materials and is responsible for the security and accountability of all items in stores.
Education: Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) level 5 Diploma or Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) level 5 or equivalent
- Receives and inspects goods against purchase order specifications; liaises with user departments or supervisor where necessary, before receiving the items.
- Prepares Goods Received Note; prepares and submits delivery documentation and supplier invoice to Procurement for payment processing at Finance.
- Issues requested items from the warehouse against duly approved and authorized stores requisitions
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc stores reports on stores movements, when and as required by the supervisor.
- Timely captures goods issues and receipts in the system, on Bin Cards and other supporting stores records.
- Takes action to ensure that goods in warehouse are stored appropriately and secured from theft, pilfering or deterioration.
- Advises supervisors on items that have reached re- order level and which require timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- Advices supervisors on slow moving, redundant, obsolescent and/or obsolete items which need to be recommended for disposal.
- Participates in periodic and ad hoc stock taking exercise to verify stock quantities. Reconciles the physical inventory with Stores records.
- Performs any other related duties that the Supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) level 5 Diploma or Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) level 5 or equivalent
- Valid Membership of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Good Knowledge of SAP or any other ERP System
- Three (03) years post qualifying relevant experience in Stores Management.
- Experience in a quasi-government institution.
Competencies and qualities required.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good analytical skills.
- Honest and reliable with moral strength.
- Proactive and innovative.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Should be able to plan and work with minimum supervision.
For more details click: Assistant Stores Officer.