- June 1, 2021
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: 2021 General Election
The Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) wishes to engage suitably qualified Zambians to work as Poll Staff during the 12th August, 2021 General Election. Priority will be given to persons who worked as polling Assistants in previous General Elections.
Reporting to: Constituency returning officer
Conduct elections at a polling station.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifying the identity of voters in the register of voters;
- Marking each voter’s thumb with indelible ink;
- Issuing ballot papers;
- Directing voters where to cast their ballot papers;
- Ensuring the safety of the ballot boxes;
- Assisting the Presiding Officer during the counting of votes at the end of the poll;
- Guiding voters to their respective polling station; and
- Performing any other election duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with passes in English and Mathematics;
- A Zambian with a green National Registration Card;
- A Registered voter; and
- A tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be non-partisan, of sober mind and high integrity
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Must have the ability to work with own initiative and innovation
Application letters accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of required educational certificates and contact number(s), MUST be addressed to the District Electoral Officer (Town Clerk/Council Secretary) of the applicant’s district of residence. Applicants should clearly indicate in their application letters, the name of the ward they are applying for.
Applications must reach the District Electoral Officer not later than Friday, 25th June, 2021.