- March 25, 2021
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: 2021 General Election, News Stories, Voter Registration
VERIFY YOUR DETAILS IN THE PROVISIONAL REGISTER OF VOTERS FOR CORRECTNESS
Verify your details in the Provisional Register of Voters by dialing *214# available on all networks free of charge or logging on to www.eczovr.org.
If your details are correct after checking with *214# and www.eczovr.org, you do not need to visit a Physical Inspection Centre.
Physical Inspection of the Provisional Register of Voters will take place from 29/03/2021 to 02/04/2021. This takes place alongside the current Electronic Inspection of the Register of Voters on *214# and www.eczovr.org.
Physical Inspection of the Provisional Register of Voters is the process where the public is given an opportunity to verify their details on the Provisional Register of Voters before Certification of the Register of Voters.
During the physical Inspection period, any person may physically go to a Polling Station to;
• Check one’s details for correctness / accuracy
• Replace a voter’s card in cases of:
– Loss or damage
– Change of details i.e. State any disability and nature if any
– Correction of clerical errors
• Transfer from one polling station to another
• Object to a name appearing in the Register of Voters (e.g. Removal of deceased persons from the register)
• Appeal against refusal to include ones name in the Register
• Claim – A claim by a registered voter to be included in the Register of Voters in the event that they are not appearing.