Issuance of The Announcement of The Results of The Poll (Gen 20) Form in The 26th July 2018 Mayoral / Council Chairpersons’ and Local Government (By) Elections
- July 23, 2018
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: By Election, Press Release
(For Immediate Release)
The Electoral Commission of Zambia would like to inform all Political Parties and other Stakeholders that, arising from the 2016 General Elections on the issuance of the Announcement of The Results of the Poll Form (Gen 12), the following changes/measures have been taken:
1. The Announcement of The Results of the Poll Form has been revised in accordance with the Electoral Process Act No. 35 of 2016 and the Electoral Process (General) Regulations 2016 – Regulations 49 and 50, from Gen 12 to Gen 20.
2. In a Polling Station with multiple streams, the Presiding Officer (PO) will consolidate all stream results for that particular Polling Station and issue the final consolidated Polling Station results.
3. The Assistant Presiding Officers (APOs), however, will fill in the Record of Proceedings Form, Statement of Ballot Paper Account Form and Statement of Rejected Ballot Papers which they will use to inform Political Party Agents, Monitors and Observers the results/performance of the Candidates in their respective Polling streams, but will not issue the Announcement of the Results Form (Gen 20).
4. The Announcement of the Results Form (Gen 20) will be the official result of the polling station and will be issued to Political Party Agents, Monitors and Observers present.
5. These measures have been taken in order to avoid Stakeholders using Polling Station Stream results as the final result of the Poll, and in turn sharing incorrect results. Political parties and Stakeholders are encouraged to disseminate this information widely so as to ensure that the counting and tallying process of results is strictly adhered to.
For any clarifications, kindly contact the Electoral Commission of Zambia.
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
for/ CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER