- December 5, 2017
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: JOBS/BIDS/EOIs
ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the following vacant position:-
CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide oversight leadership and management of the Electoral Commission of Zambia and ensure that its operations are in accordance with electoral laws and other relevant legislation, strategies, and programs.
As Chief Executive Officer of the Commission, this position reports to the Commission of the Electoral Commission of Zambia.
- Interprets the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the
Commission and ensures motivation among members of staff to work
towards attainment of the Commission’s vision and goals and meet
- Provides strategic leadership in the development of the Commission’s strategic plans, policies, electoral standards and procedures, annual work plans, ensuring that they reflect constitutional performance requirements and regional commitments to the conduct of credible national elections.
- Ensures implementation of a proactive public relations policy.
- Responsible for assessing progress towards Commission targets in terms of performance and ensures that remedial actions are taken to maintain acceptable levels of performance.
- Keeps abreast of developments in elections management and adheres to the code of ethics of the profession.
- Provides accurate and informative monthly and annual reports as required by the Commission.
- Mobilises and ensures prudent utilization of resources.
c) Human Resource
- Ensures that the Commission is managed by adequately qualified, experienced and motivated staff.
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterised by adherence to policy and administrative guidelines and strong team orientation.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships and linkages with stakeholders at national and international levels and ensures that the Commission derives positive benefits from such partnerships.
- Ensures that the Commission is adequately represented at local, regional, and international forums to give information on electoral processes and progress being made towards meeting objectives and commitment of the country to international agreements on conduct of credible elections and solicit support for addressing major challenges faced by the Commission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science or any other relevant field of study with additional training in leadership and management. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of a professional body.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience at senior management level.
- Experience in a quasi-government institution will be a definite added advantage.
- Strong ICT skills.
- Valid driving licence and accident free personal driving experience in the last three years.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION
- Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Good strategic planning skills.
- Writing and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should send their application letters to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three (03) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers and copies of educational and professional qualifications not later than Friday, 22nd December, 2017.
Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 50274,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged