- September 22, 2017
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: JOBS/BIDS/EOIs
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:-
MANAGER VOTER EDUCATION
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the Commission’s voter education activities aimed at improving the knowledge levels and civic participation of citizens in the country.
This is a senior management position reporting to the Director Electoral Operations.
1. Conducts assessment of needs for education and information related to voting amongst citizens including current eligible and future voters and other stakeholders in compliance with Commission policy.
2. Develops appropriate strategies for providing voter education and voter information to close gaps identified during needs assessments.
3. Coordinates and participates in the development of appropriate educational syllabi, educational methods and materials for use in education and information related to voting including civic duties, eligibility and voting systems.
4. Ensures that recommendations of the National Voter Education Committee are taken on board and communicated to the District Voter Education Committees and constituency based voter education committees.
5. Prepares annual programmes and budgets for the implementation of voter education activities for approval by the supervisor.
6. Manages the delivery of voter education and information using multi-media across the country according to Commission policy.
7. Obtains inputs for the development of voter education and information materials.
8. Provides technical support for voter education as required to ensure high quality services in the Commission.
9. Manages the evaluation of voter education activities, indicating effectiveness and impact of the activities, maintaining appropriate records of performance, and drawing important lessons learnt for the improvement of future activities.
10. Develops networks and collaborates with other Government and Civic entities providing voter education and information.
11. Identify the training needs of staff in the voter education section and facilitates appropriate capacity building through the performance management system.
12. Perform any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent.
2. Five to six years of relevant post qualification experience, three of which must be at senior management level.
3. Experience in a quasi-government institution will be an added advantage.
4. Knowledge of ethics in education.
5. Strong facilitation and ICT skills.
6. Valid driving licence and accident free personal driving experience in the last three years.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION
2. Honest and reliable with moral strength.
3. Innovative and proactive.
4. High degree of attention to detail.
5. High degree of integrity.
6. Tact and diplomacy.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
1. Good inter-personal and communication skills.
2. Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
3. Report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating position of interest on the envelop) to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three (03) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers not later than 29th September, 2017.
The Chief Electoral Officer,
Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P. O. Box 50274,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged